So many things have happened since we last talked...
O.k., since I last talked:
So last Friday was a great day - a lot of emotion with all of the unfortunate events, but all in all it ended really well with my purchasing of many Christmas gifts (I like to plan ahead) at a Lia Sophia party... We all know that wasn't a "cheap" evening.
Saturday was eventful as well. I went with my friend Katie to get a dress for my sisters bachelorette party. Low and behold TWO of the dresses were winners so I did as any woman would... I bought 'em both! Paired with a set of pewter grey pumps, I'm ready to hit the town!
Sunday night was an interesting one... A few weeks ago I was given the opportunity to get my sister put on a CAKE show... Not Cake Boss (that's a common question) but Amazing Wedding Cakes! They were doing some random episodes and had an opening for a bachelorette party/bridal shower and I pounced on the opportunity. So to sum up the last paragraph, last Sunday at 9pm I was given the chance to make a total fool of myself on national television. HOW many of you have been granted that wish!?
(the link to the episode info is HERE)
Monday I met with the local Applebee's to help organize the fundraiser for Kyle and his family to start rebuilding some of what they lost in the fire on May 21. It was a very successful event planning and I can't wait until the big day.
FOR THOSE OF YOU INTERESTED IN DONATING OR ATTENDING:
Where: Rogers Applebee's off of Diamond Lake Road
What: Pancake Breakfast
When: 8:00am - 10:00am
Cost: $5.00 per person (tickets can be bought from me or at the door)
**There will be a silent auction
Will there be food: yes... Pancakes.
After I did the fundraising event, I went on a date. Dating is hard for me as I don't really know that I know what kind of guy I want. Confused? I've done online dating... I've been set up on dates, and frankly, nothing ever really pans out. (Most of you know that my dating history isn't that "extensive".. to say the least)
One of the more interesting dates I've been on included a man that tried to guess my origin... yes, my origin. To my surprise, I was once a ninja. That moved to Ireland to learn the bagpipes. And came to the United States on a whim.
This guy was special.
The date this past Monday was with a guy I didn't have the most positive feelings toward. They were initially quite negative. We grew to tolerate each other after a period of time. I received a random text message from him about another kid in the class (story for another day... you thought the NINJA was weird...). He followed it up by asking me out to dinner. "Sure, Wednesday night at 6pm - Guadalajara" was my response. Until I remembered it was my birthday... call it a "moment".
So we went out and he was telling me about how he loved to brew beer with his younger brother. His brother this and that and the other thing, beer beer beer (clearly they had a tight relationship). And in my head, the whole time I'm thinking "This all seems really familiar.". So I ask him "What's your brothers name?"
He replied "Corey"
Me: "Does Corey know a Kaci?"
Him: "Yes.... why?"
Me: "I went on a date with your brother"
Him: "...Well obviously that wasn't successful"
...Just another day in the life.
Rebecca
No comments:
Post a Comment