Monday, December 5, 2011

Weekly Update... Unintentionally!

I'm getting pretty consistent at posting 1x per week (give or take a day or two)...
So here's your update!


I flew into Milwaukee on Friday afternoon...  I wanted to come see family while I was planning to be in town for training's for work so I came a bit early.  Anna plucked out a tooth while we were sitting on the couch!  Not normal.  She was ecstatic as she trotted around the house to show anyone that didn't get nauseated by the bloody gap in her mouth.  "Now I have TWO holes!!" she said.


Saturday morning I worked while Anna and LB went to gymnastics.  Last time I went to watch I left there with sore muscles and back problems... and I was just spectating!!


Saturday afternoon we went to the mall to meet up with a friend of ours for a while then went home to get ready for our fun-filled evening.


Later that afternoon/early in the evening, we went to an early-ish dinner with the family and their live-in student from Brazil.  We then went to the Milwaukee theater to see A Christmas Carol where we were sitting plum-near the top of the theater.  Approximately 10 rows back were LB and Travis.  Anna decided it was necessary to holler up (seriously, yelling) "Mom, next time let's get more expensive-er seats!"
I didn't see it coming soon enough to cover her mouth in time.  We got some pretty interesting looks from the other 200 people lucky enough to sit in the 4th level of the theater.  At least we got a good, up-close look at the chandelier! Here is the pic I got... :)
The view!
Anna and I got all dressed up!
Saturday night/Sunday morning (at 2:50am), I got a phone call...  The contact in my phone went by the name of "Jeff Random" (I kid you not).  He has called at 2am or later (earlier??) 4 of the 5 times he's called me in the past 2 weeks.  I haven't answered any because I usually sleep through them.


This time I answered (still half asleep), and here is our conversation... (mind you, I'm not mean.. I was sleeping and I have gotten a few calls from him at this hour)
Him: Hey!!
Me:  It's 2:51am...
Him: Were you sleeping?
Me: I try not to be "average", but I think most people in our time zone are sleeping about this time.
Him: Oops.  What are you doing this week??
Me: Catching up on the sleep I'm missing at current.
Him: You're being sarcastic and it's hurtful.
Me: You're being obnoxious and it's irritating...
Him: Are you in a bad mood?
Me: No, I'm trying to remember where my dream ended so I can pick up where I left off.
Him: I just wanted to let you know I had a lot of fun on our date...
Me: Seriously?  That was 3 months ago.
Him: ...........
Me: Have you been drinking?
Him: I have had a few beverages, yes...  What are you wearing?
Me:  I think you need to stop calling me... I'm pretty serious.
Him: But I was thinking we could grab dinner...
Me: I'm not hungry. *click*


Think he got the freaking hint??!  So instead of taking the chance that he forgot our conversation, I blocked his phone number.  Dear Lord: Where do these people come from!!


Anyway, Sunday I got to have brunch with one of my really super great and fantastic friends and I don't think we took even one breath between stories.  Friends like this are (and should be) few and far between.  I'm lucky enough to have a couple.  


Sunday afternoon, I went back to Larinda's and helped finish up the making of a french silk pie.  SO so good... it was delicious.  We then headed over to a dinner party held by their neighbors (the parents of some of Anna's good friends).  I got to sit at the children's table.  There were 6 adults there (clearly excluding myself), me, and 3 children.  I was floored when I saw that I would be "babysitting".  If only I had known that was the case..  I was genuinely annoyed by this new piece of information.  The mother, being so kind, said "It was Larinda's idea.  If you'd rather sit in the dining room, I can sit out here."  (Her look didn't portray that was the decision she preferred.)  I was also well aware that Larinda had no idea that I wouldn't be talking above the level of a 9-year-old that evening.  So I smiled sweetly and said "May I please have another glass of wine?"


There ended the evening.


This morning, Anna and I had a race to meet the bus - I opened the front door in time to see the bus pull up to the front of the house while Anna was eating her m&m pancakes. She had yet to put on her shoes and jacket, or to comb her hair.  It was a mess.  BUT WE MADE IT! She took bites of pancake between each shoe and the jacket while I combed her hair and found her glasses.  She hauled tooshie out to the bus and hopped on in time to wave at me as the bus drove off.   


OOfda. 


Have a great week!!!
My professional companion today. Say hello to Maggie.  She won't say "hi" back.  She believes she's got you outranked.









No comments:

Post a Comment