Friday, January 4, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I was thinking... I spent 2012 in a state of fog.  So much going on and so much to write about but no time to write about it.

I will now recap some of the points mentioned in the last post and then I will ask if there questions.  Following the silence of no questions, I will write another post TOMORROW.  And I can't promise one every day after that but I WILL work toward being better.  Tomorrow's post will be about New Years Resolutions!!  I know you love those. 

So bullet point number 6.  I watched a friend fall off of her rollerblades.
I'm not one to laugh at pain ALL the time... just when it happens in a funny way!
I'll call her Gregory to save face.  So Gregory and I were going for a rollerblade, which we had on many occasions.  She lives near me so it was convenient to roll out of bed and hit the streets on a regular basis.  We quickly learned that to get to the local convenience store (which, I will tell you, is like a Lexus of convenience stores. They have everything) it took 3.2 miles.  For those of you that have ever run a 5k, you're probably thinking to yourself "That's a 5K!".  Every morning we would try to make that run/walk/rollerblade. 
Well this particular day, Gregory was doing some fancy jumps and tricks and really cool things that I, being uncoordinated, knew better than to try.  Actually she was just going straight.  Nothing cool.
We were talking the entire time then suddenly she went quiet...........  Gregory isn't quiet often on these walks.  That's the POINT of the walks; telling stories!
I turned with less grace than a toddler on heels to find Gregory laying on the ground, face first, our two waterbottles that were in her backpack rolling like little soldiers away from her body.  It was a sight.
My FIRST reaction was not to laugh (that was my second reaction).... My first reaction was "OHMIGOD ARE YOU OK??!" followed by a pathetic attempt to help her up.  Evidently the soft tar that was recently placed in the road cracks beat her up.
Now you're probably asking "Wow, how far from home were you??".  Or maybe you didn't think of that at all, but I will tell you.  Remember that 3.2 miles?  We completed 3 miles before she managed to kiss the pavement.  When we got home, the neighbors asked "WHAT HAPPENED??!" to which she replied "You should see the road!!"

I'm just happy she didn't claim I was an abusive friend.  Remember, I'm still new here!

This same friend, along with Katie (WHO IS NOW MARRIED!!!), and our friend Calley, and I all went to this thing called a color run.  I will let this 5k speak for itself. :)

Before the color "rave"; that's not what they called it, nor have I ever been to one but this is how I imagine it happening.
So to finish this off and not be long winded, I will tell you which other bullet points we will cover (more for me, so I don't forget), then I will share some pictures with you from random events to catch you up until I can write about them. 

  • Watched the movie Magic Mike
    • Have you ever heard of the Thunder from Down Under??  Go to it in Vegas; we definitely got the B-squad here in frigid Minnesota.
We took this VERY seriously.
  • Watched a friend fall off of her rollerblades (got this one covered...)
  • Threw a baby shower for Melissa
  • Went to a bachelorette party for Katie
    • KATIE GOT MARRIED!!
  • Did the color run
  • Bought tons of things for baby k (sisters baby)
    • SISTER HAD THE BABY!!
  • Furnished my spare bedroom (and updated some things in the house)
That'll be all for today... HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!! :)

Rebecca

3 comments:

  1. You didn't post resolutions "tomorrow". That should be one of them... follow through :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna see pictures of the house! #IhavenocluehowtouseabloghopeIdidthisright

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh my word. I love it... I'll post a "house update" so you can see how it's decorated. When I've had time to spruce it up a bit. I have been gone for +/- 3 weeks. :)

      Delete