Thursday, May 26, 2011

16 days to Melissa's Wedding... Must. Start. Diet.

Procrastinator is such a dirty word.... It just sounds so mean.

But it's what I've become.  Especially when it comes to this whole diet thing.  People always say "Do what makes you happy!"  Well for me, that's eating.  Cooking is my detox from things that stress me out, i.e.: that four letter word that starts with W and ends with K and consists of cubicles. 

*Note: I have banned the use of the word from my blernal.  Which is what I have come to call this handy little thing here.  I don't prefer the word blog... Then people call you a blogger.  I don't like that word either.  (not that I don't LIKE it or the people that DO it, for all of you die-hard bloggers out there)  I don't want to call it a journal because.. well.. I feel journals are meant to be private.  Having little stories told about my life on the famous world wide web doesn't sound too private.  So I've compromised.  Welcome to my "Blernal".

When I cook I love to use random ingredients and hope for the best.  I'm a regular 5-star chef!!  Or that's what I tell myself until I forget to put the flour in the homemade cookies. (that may or may not have actually happened...)

Moving on.. My sister gets married in 2.5 weeks.  Let me rephrase... "the diet Rebecca was supposed to start 6 months ago, now has to be crammed into 16 days."  Well that's promising.

Today I started this diet with the most ridiculous name.  "The Brazil Butt Lift".  It's not horrible, and I actually prefer it over the previous eleven attempts at starting the P90X.  Which, again, isn't horrible... it just takes a lot more time than I'm willing to spend inflicting pain on myself.  (an hour and 30 minutes of YOGA?!)

So the 6-day jump-start detox program (yes, that's what it's called) is actually better than I expected...  If you think that starving and teasing yourself with minuscule quantities of the most succulent fruits is good.  The serving sizes are small.  OR so I thought.

The picture below is a picture of my first meal of day 1:
  • 1 Poached Egg
  • 1/2 Whole Wheat English Muffin
  • 1/2 Medium Grapefruit
  • 5 Asparagus Spears
(and a partridge in a pear tree, right?!)

Looks pretty tasty, right?!
Snack time (yes, I get a snack time.. I actually get TWO of 'em!) came and I got to indulge in 1 cup of chopped watermelon. 

I'm not sure what is in store for lunch but I get to find out in 1 hour.  I think it's something along the lines of
1/2 stick string cheese
1 carrot stick
and (if I'm good) TWO celery sticks.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment