Monday, August 29, 2011

A Traveling Adventure

I spent the last week in Milwaukee, Chicago and Iowa City (that's right, folks.... Iowa City was a bonus).  I drove the 7 hours to do sales calls with some of the guys on my team and met with some customers.  Basically just training.  It was neat.


I will begin by saying "I, Rebecca, will NEVER be caught driving in Chicago again.".  I should also mention that if I ever want to put myself through a full-out panic attack again, I'll just put Kiki (grandma and grandpa's blind, deaf schnauzer) outside without supervision.
Kiki
(she's alive in this picture)

I spent approximately 5 hours in total in Chicago traffic ALONE (as in "by myself") with only the support of "The Rescue" on book-on-tape (not my smartest decision).  Anyway, after watching a woman run a stop sign while flipping me off (for the record, I didn't have a stop sign) I decided it was time to just turn off the book on tape, find a different route to the hotel (right on Michigan Ave.) and go to bed.  So I did.  


I woke up in the morning and made the third 6+ hour drive of my trip to Iowa City.  Where, when leaving Chicago, I called my colleague and asked him to take a picture of me next to the corn field.  So excited to see corn fields.  Land.  Quiet.


So I went to Iowa City for about 6 hours to make another (the last of four) 6 hour drive home.  Then I was home and all was right with my world.


Today I had a training with my sister.  I have no idea what happened but my attention span shrunk to the size of a gnat.  She's so patient.  It's love.


I found out mid-training that I won (by selecting the right sausage... I picked the polish) a lunch with the OpCom.  The CEO and the President of the America's for our company will be there.  I'm conflicted.  Do I go to the lunch because I was invited and these two high powered individuals will be there and I am one of the 4 that will be accompanying them, or do I stay home (opt out of the 7 hour drive) to be "fiscally responsible" and save the company money.  I get to pick 10 people to go with me... Do I send them and stay home?  That sounds disrespectful.  It's only a 1.5 hour lunch.  What to do...  
Well I'm going to go make a hot dog (even though the hot dog lost) and check my dating website.


Have a great evening!!


Just another day in the life... of a girl who has fantastic selection of the "right sausage".



No comments:

Post a Comment