I suppose it's time to update you on the happenings of my life and all of that fun and exciting stuff. I feel like I've posted more recently than I have but LOW AND BEHOLD, the last time we (I) talked was in FEBRUARY. Woah baby. A lot has happened since then.
So... while you re-read that introductory paragraph, I'm going to go look at my calendar and figure out what I've been doing for the past 6 months. One moment please...
And we're back.
I have every intention of bring my sister into all of this... she is a much better/more consistent blogger than I am so we can link to hers to give you more descriptive details.
- Some point early in the year, dad found a baby fox... I just HAVE to show you this video. It's highlight is right around 28 seconds. LOVE love love it. I'm a sap for cute sound effects.
- February 18 (ish) - Melissa and Tyler (sister and brother-in-law) (I don't know how much you will have forgotten about me in 6 months!!), announced that they were pregnant. Wait. Did you misread that? NO. You did not. I am going to be an auntie. Aunt Becca. To a BABY. Woah.
- Still woah.
- You can read about the finding out of the baby HERE... I'm not going to say I'm proud of my reaction. I could have used one fewer naughty words. But heck... Gotta get em all out before the baby arrives!
- February 20 - Carl (brother) turned 25. That's 1/4 of a century, folks! No fear, he still has all his hair!
I'm getting overwhelmed. 6 months is a long time!
- April 21 - I bought a house. Yes, a house. My own. And I live here alone. And I love my new house. I'm a homeowner. It's a cute little house in sunny (and brisk) Minnesota. Yes, we will start this again. I bought a house. I was looking in December last year and was determined to find something that would be home-like. Not something I needed to invest thousands of hours (or dollars) in, but something that I could make my own. I purchased a very cute 2 (someday 3) bedroom, 1.5 (someday 2.5) bathroom rambler/one-story house in a little suburb northwest of the twin cities. Since I bought it, I landscaped the front, fixed the yard, painted the inside of the house (every finished wall), and had the carpets cleaned. It no longer smells like strangers... It smells like me. Mine. I love it.
| Yes, I do know that dad's L is backward. We love him anyway :) |
| Dad and Katie at my housewarming party! This is a "money tree"... let's hope it delivers. |
- May 5 - I went to Florida on a business trip and made a VACATION out of it. My friend Martine and I danced with this nice old man. His wife had a heart condition and couldn't dance with him. She told us that she had hand picked us to be the girls to dance with him. Her comment was "I only pick the 10's" :) How nice. I will post that video when I find it. I thought this was another funny video. I was in awe of the dance moves people had. I'm so inadequate.
- We also got hit on by way of an electric guitar and a dijeridu. I spelled that wrong but I'm not going to find the true spelling. I got my point across!
- May 26 - Melissa had a baby Gender Reveal party! It was actually quite fun! I am going to have a NIECE!! Oh the things I will teach her. :)
- June 9 - I bought a PUPPY. Gosh I loved him and adored him and loved him. I named him Milo and he was an AKC (purebred) yellow lab. I have a video of him dreaming (I imagine) about his mother, HERE (to be updated). He is the apple of my eye. So I will inundate you with more photo's of this cute, adorable, sweet little puppy.
- June 15 - I sold a PUPPY. I was so sad I can't even explain it. I realized after a couple of days that while he was cute and cuddly and adorable and lovable, that I wouldn't be the best momma for him. I am gone often and when I'm home I'm usually running around like I'm on uppers. It wasn't fair to him... So I worked with the breeder and found him a fantastic home with a nice owner who's husband worked at home, they had an acreage on a farm and had two other labs for him to play with. Perfect for my Milo. I was (and still am) sad that I had to move him out. So sad, in fact, that the morning I took him to his new home, I "accidentally" tipped over his gigantic food bag and let him eat from it to his little hearts content. If you haven't seen "Marley and Me", it was just like that only CUTER. I still miss him.
Here is my goodbye hug...
I have also... (in no particular order)
I have also... (in no particular order)
- gone to Houghton, MI
- had a housewarming party
- received a new position at work
- watched the movie Magic Mike
- had another birthday
- watched a friend fall off of her rollerblades
- joined a volleyball team
- bought a bunch of stuff for the house
- threw a baby shower for Melissa
- broke my air conditioning
- broke my microwave
- broke my dryer
- broke my dvd player
- went to a bridal shower for Katie
- went to a bachelorette party for Katie
- did the color run
- Read the books "50 Shades of Grey" (so ashamed)
- Read the book "Big White Panties" (much less ashamed)
- started guitar lessons
- went to Atlanta
- started my "match guarantee" (don't be mad)
- bought tons of things for baby k (sisters baby)
- furnished my spare bedroom
- conned my neighbor into putting up my ceiling fans
I suppose I should probably give you a break for now. I will offer clarity on these points and MANY more in the coming days/weeks/months. But for now I have to hurry up and wait for my new phone to get here. Ciao!!
xoxo
Becca
Welcome back!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Melissa!!!
ReplyDelete