Wednesday, February 29, 2012

P90X Day 1

So I have a fitting on Friday for my best friends wedding.  Not the movie, don't kid yourselves... I'm not famous.  OK I'm kidding.  I am famous.


OK So I don't want you to think "Rebecca's back!" because I'm not really... I'm just going to use this as my journal for working out.  For now.  I hope you find it inspiring, because I sure will...


I'm doing P90X.  Starting it up for the first time.  That was a lie.  
I feel dirty.  
It's the one thousand, thirty-fourth time.  Or something like that.


So here is the routine for P90X weeks 1-3:
Day 1: Core Synergistics (57:27)
Day 2: Cardio (43:18)
Day 3: Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper (59:53 + 16:07)
Day 4: Yoga (92:24)
Day 5: Legs & Back and Ab Ripper (58:56 + 16:07)
Day 6: Kenpo (55:46)
Day 7: Stretch (57:32)


If you're like me, you're like "Yeah, that's awesome!  That'll go SO fast!"


Another fib.  
So shameful.


My real reaction was "Where's my freaking calculator!"


If you've done the math, the total for this is 453 minutes 270 seconds... in other words, 7:33:30.  I repeat, 7 hours 33 minutes and 30 seconds (+/-).  That's a lot of math to do post-workout.


That's a lot of minutes.


So yesterday I took the day off (vacation time to use up, yada yada yada) and went to the spa.  It was expensive.  Not the point.  The woman who was giving me my massage said "Do you have a stressful job?"  to which I replied "Depends... do you find toilet bowl cleaner to be stressful?"


So I have resoluted (resolved?) that I'm going to commit to this weight-loss stuff.  Fully.  Screw dating and all the crap that goes with it.  It's too hurtful.  I'd say the gym isn't hurtful but it is.  Or you're doing it wrong.


But it's the kind of hurt that makes you a better person.  Not the kind that inhibits an eating disorder.  


I'm rambling again (bad habits die hard).


So today was CORE SYNERGISTICS.  Before I started my workout, I spent 15 minutes outside wading through our fresh, mushy, fluffy, lovely snow with my dog (she's hysterical.. I'll take a video of her playing with her ball tomorrow).  
After I got back inside and checked some more email (I'm getting better about this, I swear), I got on the elliptical for 15 minutes.  I had a cup of water, then got to the synergestics.  All 57 minutes and 27 seconds of it.  I'm sore now as I sit on the floor.  I crawled to my computer.  I'm a sissy.


So I'm going to crawl to the kitchen, grab another cup of water and an apple, and go back to my spot in the middle of the floor.  I'll update the progress later this week.  SO FAR SO GOOD!


Three cheers for Day 1 of workout programs!
Hip Hip Hooray!  Hip Hip Hooray!!  Hip Hip HOORAY!!!


Some support (ie: comment) is always welcome!
(We'll start with you, Melissa.  Lurve you!)


xoxo 
Rebecca




PS: please excuse the Christmas look. I have to figure out how to change it... "MELISSAAAAAaa!!!"
(love having a knowledgeable sister.)

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!! GO REBECCA..... (I was shouting a cheer for ya there)

    Keep it up - you will feel better..... now.... send some motivation my way.... cuz I am sitting here exhausted and I haven't worked out in 2 weeks.

    Love ya!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete