Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Oh, Just an Another Day in the Life...

I'm bad at blernaling.  I can't apologize anymore because I can't help it.  Ok, last time.  Please forgive me my faithful readers.


So the events of last Thursday and Friday are the reason I decided to start a blernal.  I had to make a trip to Bemidji.  I drove there with a friend/coworker at 5:30pm on Friday.  The trip was actually pretty good... He kept saying "I have a story..." and would go on one sided conversation rants for about 15 minutes per story with the occasional encouraging "mmm...." or "haha!" or ".....weird.".  We arrived in the town of Bemidji at 9:00pm (or somewhere thereabouts) with empty tummy's.  We were trying to figure out what we were hungry for:
"Arby's mushroom swiss?"
--- My favorite!  It's good mood food.  Not today.
"Perkins?"
--- Nah... not in the mood for breakfast-for-dinner
"Sparkling Waters?"
--- Left my tux at home
"Ground Round?"
--- Nah, I don't like chains...
"Green Mill?"
--- Ok.


So we went to Green Mill, ordered a beer each, and a LARGE deep dish pizza.  AWESOME!  Best. Food. Ever.  So they came around with bingo cards for FREE bingo (the last game you had the potential to win $500!!  (the person that won only got a t-shirt.)).  So we played Bingo, watched the Baseball game, and after an hour and 20 minutes got our pizza.  It was cold.  Evidently she forgot about it and the kitchen closed so we couldn't get a new one.  So our conversation had things like this:


Him: Do her teeth make you think of a crack addict?
Me: I don't know, I don't know any crack addicts
Him: I was watching discovery channel and they have this story on crack addicts and that's what their teeth looked like
Me: I think that must be it


That's how MOST of our conversations went...


On our way out of the restaurant my coworker looked at his hand (which held a black cloth napkin) and said "OHHHH I almost stole this!!!"  and I laughed "CRIMINAL!"  So we left and people were staring at us.  I mentioned it in the car and we just shrugged it off.
(this will make sense in a couple minutes)


So we got to the hotel at about 11:30 (after a LONG day) and I got to check in first.  The acne covered 17 year old (a valid assumption if I do say so myself) gave me a room key for room 301.  I went up to room 301, and tried to open the door.  Didn't work.  I tried again.  Didn't work.  The third time I tried, I was surprised when the door opened and a large burly man said "Can I help you?"


Crap.


I went downstairs and told the kid: "I need a new room, there's a man in mine."
He said "That's not possible."
I asked "Should I have gotten his name and social security number?  I forgot to ask..."
He said "That never happens"
I replied "Let me go get him"


So he gave me the room key for room 328.  I got to the room and used the ladies room (it had to happen SOME TIME!!).  After about 15 minutes, the toilet was still running.  It sounded like there was a small water cooler bubbling in my room.  So I called the desk and asked the kid if there was someone that could fix it.  "I'll be up in like 10 minutes" he said.  So 15 minutes later he got to my room, pulled the top off of the john, fiddled around, rinsed his hands (as there was no soap open), (I was holding the door open for comfort purposes) walked out of the room and without looking back said "It'll be better shortly.".  


I looked in the bathroom and there was TOILET water all over the floor.  No Joke.  I called the front desk again (we were becoming BEST friends....) and said "You just fixed my toilet, right?" 
"Yes"
"there's toilet water on my floor"
"*sigh* I'll be up shortly"
30 minutes later he was back with a bucket of water.  Yep plain water.  So I asked if he was going to CLEAN it and he said "FINE, I'll go get some neutralizer.  ....It like... neutralizes stuff."  So he came back, cleaned the floor (Allegedly) and left again.


A minute later I got a text message from my coworker saying "If you paid for dinner, thanks."
I called him: "Are you serious?"
He said "Crap, I'll talk to you tomorrow"
so I texted him: "You've turned me into a CRIMINAL!"
He said  "No wonder people were staring.. I heard one say 'Look, there goes Bonnie and Clyde."


He ended up taking a cab to the restaurant and walking back.  Not to worry, folks.... We paid in full for a cold pizza and warm beer.


Oh, and here's a neat picture from our camping trip...
Have a great day!!
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment