Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A new Rebecca has been born!

-->
I woke up this morning to make my sister breakfast… She’s home (WHOO!).  Or was for approximately 7 hours.  To sleep.  She had to go to Milwaukee today, then she’s going straight home.  So anyway, I made her breakfast.  I took out a box of Special K, a box of Walmart-brand flavorless oat-rings… not Cheerio’s, that’s a trademark.  I also took out a box of moldy strawberries (which I threw in the trash) and a full cantaloupe.  I cut that up and placed it on the counter.  Melissa didn’t eat that.  So basically I pulled out the cereal for her.  Hey, it eliminated a step, right??

So I was thinking about this entire immobility thing...  It's not my favorite thing ever.  It's quite possibly the opposite.  I have been sitting down (at home, at Katie's home, at Julie's home, in the basement, in the living room... you get the picture) for two weeks and one day.  That's a long time.  I’ve been able to shuffle around, much the way an elderly man would, to go short distances, but it’s hurtful.

Anyway, I have had all this time to go on cooking websites (not on business hours, do not fret) to go find new recipe's to try... I’m going to take up cooking.  Not baking… you can see how well THAT works out for me here

I'm so sick of having people wait on me mainly because I'm very independent.  I don't like to have to depend on anyone - it makes me sad.  I enjoy getting my own water.  I enjoy making my own bowl of soup.  I ENJOY washing my own dishes.  That last one was definitely a stretch of the truth.  It felt like the right thing to say at the time.

So I came upon this recipe for a "Detox Smoothie" and I heard a whisper of a voice (obviously from above) say "Hint, hint...."  …….So I clicked on the next link to carry on my search for the allegedly "healthy" fries.  To my surprise I found some.  But I have none of the ingredients.  Besides the potatoes I purchased in anticipation of this fantastic find! 

I decided that that, again, was a divine intervention.  God hid my ingredients.  So I will try this smoothie.  As soon as I have the ingredients for it…  I should have this by the end of today.  This will allow me to begin my new year’s resolution while there’s still time!  To lose some lbs.  OK so I might not be able to do THAT very fast, but hey… I haven’t been doing anything fast-paced in two weeks and one day, why start now??

So in an attempt to start this strictly healthy lifestyle, I am going to get back onto a slow work-out routine.  My feet have been hurting any time I try to do any type of work out and yet I’m still down 11 lbs since the surgery.  So today I’m going to work on abs….

BE RIGHT BACK.

So I did three (3) sit-ups.  I feel amazing.  A new person has been born.
My feet hurt now so I am going to go put them up.  And tonight I will have a glass of red wine.  There ARE health benefits to it, you know.  I found these on the Mayo Clinic website…

OK so it’s too much to type OR to copy + paste (and there’s a legal risk with that), so here’s the website: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/red-wine/HB00089

Today I will make a batch of Dulce De Leche Brownies (not for me) and have one (maybe two) glasses of red wine (to reduce my bad cholesterol and prevent blood clotting, of course).
Everything is back to normal.

By the way, there’s another great recipe I found that you can access Here… it’s called the “Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n’ Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar”.  That “whisper” from earlier turned into a Shout.  So if any of my four loyal readers decide to try this out, please let me know what you think.

Have a fantastic Tuesday!!




No comments:

Post a Comment