Thursday, April 25, 2013

Recipe Post - Sausage Cheese Bites

3 days in a row!  I will stop counting now in hopes that I can carry this out.

Since April "bites" so far, I thought I would start theme-ing my months.  April will bite... we will see what May has in store.

Ohhhh my goodness.  This recipe has been made by me about a dozen times since I learned of it.  I usually don't like a whole bunch of things combined but this is totally an exception worth making.  So SAUSAGE CHEESE BITES can be made like this:

Sausage Cheese Bites
makes approximately 50 one-inch bites
prep time 30 minutes
cook time 20 minutes (thawed) to 35 minutes (frozen)
  • 1 pound of uncooked ground sausage (I use turkey sausage because it's leaner)
  • 3 cups of bisquick
  • 1 cup bacon bits (if you prefer, I do this if I am making these for breakfast for people that like bacon)
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg (to help it all bind together... you can leave this out if you use regular sausage as the sausage fat will help it all bind together)
  • 16 ounces of shredded cheese (I have used both colby and cheddar and both are awesome, use what you prefer)
  • 2 teaspoons parsley flakes (for color, if nothing else)
Mix all of the ingredients together (it's easiest if you just dig in) and roll into bite-sized pieces.  Set the oven to 325 degrees and spray a cookie sheet.  I use a 1" melon baller to make the bites round-ish.  Some people are more confident in their spherical capabilities and go without.  Start "balling" until it's all been balled.

Bake at  325 for 20 minutes or until they are a golden brown.

You can also make these as an appetizer if you want to make something heartier.  If you make these as an appetizer (which is also awesome), you can serve them with ranch or bar-b-q sauce (I prefer the latter).

IF you choose not to bake them right away, make sure you ball them into bites and place them in the freezer until you're ready to use them.  I do this as a quick breakfast in the mornings; I can preheat the oven while I'm getting ready and throw them in while the coffee is brewing.  

I will post pictures on here the next time I make them!

ENJOY!

Xoxo
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment