Monday, April 29, 2013

What's Your "-ism"?

My sister is by far the coolest ever.  Mostly because she reminds me of... well, me.  I kid.  But I posted a while back (here) about some of the things people say that make me laugh about this whole twin thing and I thought I would add to the list:
  • "Oh, I'm sure you get the "do you play basketball?" question all the time, right?  Well... did you?" - this is a particular favorite because that person usually thinks they are laughing at the people that ask the silly questions and yet they ask the same dang question!
  • "Congratulations on the baby, you look awesome!" - oh hey, gym... ouch. (note to person: that's the other twin)
  • "Are you the nice twin?" - no, I'm the evil twin... watch out, I glued your fanny to the chair.  Good luck with that.
  • "What's it like to be a twin?" - what's it like not to be a twin?
  • "You're pretty tall..." - thanks.
And of course, mom takes the cake with Jackie-ism's as of late...
  • Melissa: (sarcastically) *fist pump* Power to the people!!
 a couple of hours pass
  • Mom: *fist pump* Yo to the world!!
Melissa looks at me like she just found out she is actually a triplet and whispers "one!"  We have a tendency to count these mannerisms of moms over the span of one of Melissa's visits.  We love mom.  

We told aunt Julie the story and a little while later, in the car, she tried to mimic this by shouting "Hey world!"
  • "You look really good with make-up on." - do I look less-good without it?
  • *Melissa sends a picture of herself next to the Washington Memorial to a group of us* and mom replied "What is it?"
  • (In talking about my single-ness: "Rebecca just needs to give it up a little bit."
    • to which dad replies "Worked for you..."  (that was funny, people... they do love each other unconditionally)
I also took a great series of pictures of Mom yesterday that she didn't realize I had taken... Scroll down quickly and you will smile :)






I sure do love her.....

Do you have any "-isms" that you're super proud of?? I would love to hear them!

Please note that posts will only come on weekdays.  I plan to do about 5 posts per week (which is about 5 more posts per week than you're used to)...

Xoxo 
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment