Monday, September 5, 2011

Long Weekends Are My Favorite

Ohhh dear.  So I don't really have a lot to say, but I figured it's been a while since I've posted.  Maybe even give you an update on the dating website and what other shenanigans I've been up to.


Tin foil Dinners!
This weekend I went camping with a few of the girls I know really well: my sister, her sister-in-law, and her cousin-in-law (who all used to be roommates... ahh the memories).  Just the 4 of us girls.  We ate tremendously well (my waistline doesn't think it was as great as my taste buds did), and had a blast.  All of these pictures are from our camping extravaganza.

This is my favorite from this weekend... Sorry Emma
Saturday night - Melissa was at a wedding...
She's pretty much my favorite sister ever
 I got home yesterday and went to the driving range with my mom, dad, and brother (needless to say I'm a bit rusty) then took a nap, did laundry, and ate dinner.  I'm pretty exciting.  (We know this isn't true because this was on Sunday night when Monday is a holiday... Which means it was like a Saturday night and I stayed home.)


This morning I got online and (after a week of absence from doing so) checked my dating website (after playing angry birds for approximately 1 hour - this does not make me a "gamer").  I was sad to see that a guy that seems really great had sent me a message 10 days before and it didn't register as unread in my inbox.  Which means he probably wrote me off as a jerk.  Crap!  So I sent him a message back (which probably had a filter to go directly from me to the trash at this point).  I then received 4 other messages (all at once... weird) from 2 men in Arkansas (I must look like their sisters), a 46 year-old from Sioux Falls, SD, and a 18 year-old that's still in high school.  Crap again!  I just don't understand the reasoning behind talking to someone on a DATING website that you will probably never see (I don't do "virtual dates"... they creep me out).


Anyway, I was supposed to cancel my subscription last week and in my haste to pack my car and head to the campground, I didn't.  Which means I'm signed up for another 3 months.  Crap a THIRD time!  Not my day.


BUT I had a great weekend and I am ready for my week of crazy (watch out, Fargo!!).  Better go cancel my subscription so I don't get signed up again... Crap.


Just another day in the life... 


Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment