Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Not So Small-Town...?

I can't even believe it.  Today is only Wednesday.  I like that people have "Wordless Wednesday"'s.  I like it because I'm not wordless. I'm more like word... full?  But that's not a word.  Like the word "blernal".  That's not a word either.


So anyway.
Melissa wrote a nice blog today (that you can see here).  It's mostly nice because I'm in it.  I kid.  It's got a lot of nice comments in it.  She's completely right... We're totally different people.  We have the same sense of humor, the same college degree, work for the same company, and have the same face, but that's about it.  I love the comments we get from people...:

  • What's it like to be a twin? (what's it like NOT to be a twin?)
  • Do you have ESPN?  (I don't have cable.)  ...ESP?  Still no.
  • How long have you been a twin?  (Pretty much my whole life)
  • You're tall.  (you're observant.)
The list goes on.  I will add more as I think of them.
She's my favorite twin sister Ever.
So anyway.  We also have a dislike for the same words... 
  • Sack - Plastic bag is sufficient.  My uncle had a plastic bag full of almonds and he was running around the house saying "I can't find my nut sack!"...  Ohhh boy.
  • Moist - It's just a gross word.
  • Pot-hole - a pot-hole is a word for a divot in the ground... a caved spot in asphalt (another weird word).  It's also the word used for an intense objection that a sales person must overcome.  But it sounds so improper and perverse.
  • I also went to the doctor and (men, cover your eyes) was asked when the last time I had a "pap" was.  That made me blush.  I can hold my own with medical terms and bodily functions but that one makes me gag a bit.  It, again, feels like she's asking me the most personal of questions.  She THEN asks if I want a male or female OB-GYN.  Did she NOT observe my reaction?  I said male.
KIDDING!

But we went to schedule my "appointment" and I got a glimpse of my calendar.  I should have seen it sooner but it allowed me to realize why I don't "blernal" that often.  Here is this week:
  • Sunday: babysit neighbor kids for 7 hours
  • Monday: Meeting at a couple of Colleges, and following up from the Tradeshows the week before
  • Tuesday: Brainerd all day for work
  • Wednesday: Office day, doctors appointment, demonstration on a floor stripper (people cringe when I say "demo with strippers" but this is serious business!) at 9:30pm (until approx. midnight) for work
  • Thursday: Tradeshow from 6am to 1pm in the cities, then driving to Duluth for a meeting/demonstration from 5-9pm.  Leaving from the demonstration to camp grounds with my older brother
  • Friday: Work half-day then hang-out with the brother, sister, and brother-in-law at Gooseberry Falls
  • Saturday: Hangout with the fam at the campgrounds until about 2pm then drive home in time to shower and change clothes to go out with my friend for her BIRTHDAY (HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!!!) in the cities
Best fraaand a girl can ask for.
  • Sunday: Drive to WI (7 hours) to have dinner with family
  • Monday: Work from corporate, have lunch with high-level people folks, get emails caught up from the weekend, then drive to Chicago for Tuesday meetings.
  • Tuesday: Meetings in Chicago until 2pm then drive home (8 hours).
OK. So that's 9 days.  But it gives you an idea of the craziness that has swallowed me whole in the past couple of weeks.  The good news is that I'm highly caffeinated!  That about covers it!! 

Rebecca-out.
Just another day in the life of "twinkie" #2

2 comments:

  1. Frick,

    So it may just be me... but:
    A: HA HA HA SOOOOO flippin funny... Pap... HA!
    B: I feel like I have to read this really fast. Imagine that when I write "really fast" I am saying it really fast. That is how fast I feel I have to read it.
    C: I thought we were avoiding the stereotypical twin slang... Twinkie? Really?

    Love!

    Frack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, my "verefication word" to post that last comment? Trities. Add it to the list... BA HA HA!!

    ReplyDelete