GOOD MORNING TO YOU!
I sure hope the sun is shining wherever you are. It's shining here and I have a 4-foot berm of snow lining each side of my driveway. BUT we're going to be in a great mood today, amIright??!
I sure do hope this blog post works today... This puppy was acting up like you would not BELIEVE yesterday. We weren't on speaking terms for the entire day. Which is actually probably a better relationship than we've had in the past... I mean a 3-month stint is a little ridiculous!
Anyway; I decided to do something CRAZY and join a group that does the Cara Box. Now I'm going to send you to Kaitlyn at Wifessionals to see what she knows about the Cara Box because it's still pretty fresh to me. What I LEARNED today (evidently we're going to use CAPITAL LETTERS to emphasize our points today), was that blog-land has so much more to it than I thought:
Rebecca's original thought (no judgment, please): blogs are intrusive of privacy and are avenues creepy individuals (stalkers, if you will) take to learn all they can about you, get into your life, and BAM! You're a victim. (self-preservation at it's finest, people.)
I guess that was my take on social media as a whole... I do NOT love Facebook because I want people to call me or talk to me in REAL LIFE versus seeing what's new via photo's and status updates (sorry if I deleted you). I was on Match.com for a long time (see here, here and here) and was a victim of "catfishing" (yes, I just sent you to Urban Dictionary because I didn't know how to better explain it - there's also a clip from Dr. Phil...). I was talking to a really handsome guy (if you watched the Dr. Phil clip, I wasn't talking with "Shawn") that was a special education teacher and had his life pretty much together... He was fun to talk to via email at first then on the phone. We talked for a few weeks then we decided to meet for dinner. Then he fell off the face of the earth, the sky fell; turned purple, whatever! He stopped talking. I thought something bad happened (I'm not negative, just tried to justify it for him). Then I had the novel idea to see if he'd logged into Match.com at all and sure enough "so-n-so has been 'active in the past hour'". His friend had a match account to pick up the pieces, evidently, so he reached out to me and let me know that the "chase" was why he was online and that he was sorry his friend was such a(n) <insert negative words here>. Jerk.
Anyway! Needless to say, I had a pretty jaded view of the world wide web.
HOWEVER...
Rebecca's new thought: I have been watching Melissa (I talk about her an awful lot) grow her blog-o-sphere (I do think that's a real word?) into what it is now and it amazes me in a couple of ways...
- She now has this network of friends she never would have had if she hadn't started blogging... These people are neat (and if you're reading this from HER page, she talks about you ALL OF THE TIME, and she really does care about her fellow bloggers)
- She learns a lot from it: "Look what so-n-so did that I am going to try, too! Why didn't I think of that??!"
- She gets to do things like the Cara Box
- She gets to show off her mad cooking skills (please note: we are twins but I don't bake the way she does). (But I can cook.)
- She gets to brag about her pride and joy... and sometimes her husband. :) Now I don't currently have much to "brag" (or be as excited) about but I do have some wild and crazy stories that I DO NOT make up. This was my disclaimer, so remember this post, folks.
I would, someday in the not too distant future, love to start meeting people on here.. provide some chuckles and possibly some tears... from chuckling too much of course. I am a work-in-progress with blogging and am quite happy with how I'm doin' so far this year! I want to start tracking the happenings of life that make me who I am when I experience what my sister is experiencing with mommy-hood.
Anyhow, I could drag on and on about this, but I think it goes without saying: I'm honored that you took the time to stop in and read the post, and look forward to learning more about you as time goes on!
Love from Becca
Just another day..
No comments:
Post a Comment