I love to laugh... I also love when family comes to town.
My sister lives West. So far west, in fact, that I don't get to see her near enough. Actually it's only like an hour and 45 minutes away. But what I find challenging is mustering up the endurance to drive to her house (since, you know, I drive for a living and whatnot). So she always ends up toting her cute little butt/baby out this way more often than she should have to.
I need to go visit her more. Agree, Melissa? Agree.
And I might even stay the night. WHABAM. (I took that from her).
So anyhow she and baby came this weekend and Kylie loves to make my life complete. I'm sure she does - she's never actually said it since she's only 5 months old, but I know she thinks it.
She makes the sweetest noises and giggles (think Gerber baby only BETTER) and she yells instead of crying. It's awesome.
Well I went out to supper with Melissa, Mom, and Kylie on Friday night when Melissa got to town since Dad was still driving home from from Duluth.
Figuring out plans for supper was a FIASCO to say the least.
Let's be nostalgic for a second:
Last week, dad was trying to make me feel better about some life drama and I and I was throwing the mother of all pity parties. Dad was telling me about when we were kids and we used to play mom and dad against eachother. Dad taught us independence, and Mom taught us humor. If we wanted to do something (ie: go outside), Mom would say "no". So obviously we would go ask dad and he would always say "be in at 8." we would reply "10?" to which he would respond "7:30?".
We got in at 8.
Back to last Friday. Mom called me and asked what I wanted to do for supper... I said we should eat in because it's healthier. (If you read here, here, and here, you will see why this is important to me)
She replies "Well or we could go to D Michael B's and get a salad or something..." So I said "Mom, I can buy 11 bags of salad to pay for 3 servings of salad at the restaurant." So she said "We could get pizza from Little Caesars?"
We'll put this in Dialog form so you can keep up:
Becca: "no mom, still not healthy"
Mom: "well I know but it's easy"
Becca: "so is taking lettuce from a bag"
Mom: "I'll call Melissa and see what she wants to do"
As per usual, Melissa always calls me after she talks to mom. Or dad. Or pretty much anyone.
Melissa: "So I'm just going to meet you at D Michael B's?"
Becca: "why..?"
Melissa: "Mom said that's where you agreed to go... but I'm not going to get a salad, I had one for lunch"
Becca: "she only called you because I said no."
Melissa: "Sorry.. [insert unimportant conversation] see you soon."
*click*
Melissa and I then called dad on conference call... (again, per protocol) laughing to tell him that we now knew where we got our negotiation skills...
Melissa and I got the brilliant idea to conference in Mom so dad could ask her what we were doing for supper...
Dad: "hi Jack"
Mom: "hey honey, how's the drive?"
Dad: "fine, what are you going to do with the girls for supper?"
Mom: "Well, Melissa said she wants to go to D Michael B's for supper to get a chicken salad..."
Dad: "We have salad at home... why don't you just have that?"
Mom: "Well that's what I told Becca and she agreed but Melissa wanted to go out to eat"
Melissa: "NOT TRUE!!!"
Becca:*laughing*
Melissa: "Mom, I said I do not care what we have for supper and you said D Michael B's and I said sure... I never heard the proposition of eating at home"
Mom: Where are you guys, is your dad still on the phone too?
Becca: "Duluth..."
Melissa: *laughing*
Dad: *laughing*
Mom: "I don't know what's going on so I'm going to hang up."
Melissa: "Mom, we conference called you"
Mom: "so you're not all together?"
Melissa: "See you soon mom..."
*click*
*click*
*click*
Becca: "Hello?"
That's why we love mom...
Love being a twin.
![]() |
| Love her... Christmas 2012 |
Have a great Tuesday!




The inmate suit is fitting.
ReplyDeleteAwe nieces and nephews are the best!!! This cracked me up! This sounds like my family, and if my Mom got a conference call from my sibs and I she would assume we were together too ha ha!
ReplyDelete